Nav Menu

Polaroid Photo Project Week #2

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Polaroid Photography


Here is my next installment of my polaroid photo project. This week I experimented a lot with double exposures in settings other than inside my house. At first I wasn't sure why I kept getting those white washes on the sides of my photos, but I realize now that they were a result of the technique I used to take my double exposure shots... Such carelessness on my part. The way I take double exposures is by popping open the back and gently tilting back the film case for my first shot. Unlike me, try not to let ANY light in (beware of the sides!) in order not to get those white spots. I mean, the white edges looked cool in some of the shots, but I don't want them to appear every time I attempt a double exposure. Therefore, when you take your first picture, take care in tilting the film case back far enough so the camera mechanism doesn't grab the first film sheet, but not so far as to let light in through the top or the sides. Then you can pop the film back in all the way, close the back door, and take your second picture. It takes practice...

In any case, the top left photo is a picture of a large pyramidal play structure in a city about half an hour away from my own. The top right is an attempt at a double exposure of Ocean Beach in San Francisco and my friend sitting in the sand... Then the bottom row from left to right is as follows: a double exposure of me with a shot of some trees; a rather creepy-looking double exposure of my friends sitting at the beach; and a double exposure of another friend with a shot of a parking lot.

No comments :

Post a Comment