Nav Menu

Taichung, Taiwan: Feng Jia in the Day

Sunday, October 26, 2014

It's been a while since I've posted, but here I am, continuing my Taiwan summer escapades with a short post on Feng Jia in the daytime. Despite the daylight, the market was already bustling with a good crowd of hungry people.

Feng Jia Night Market



Instead of wandering without a plan, I knew exactly what I wanted to eat. Prior to leaving for Taiwan this past summer, I had done some research on current night market foods in Feng Jia. One of the items that popped up was 大腸包小腸, which is similar to a hot dog, except that the bread bun is replaced with a sticky rice bun and the hot dog is replaced with a sweet, garlicky Chinese sausage. Frankly, I am not completely sure what other toppings are thrown in there (I believe there's pickled cabbage), but all I know is I'd much rather have this than an American hot dog.


Feng Jia Night Market
Note: There are a few different vendors selling this same product, but some are definitely more well known than others. My aunt has tried all of the vendors, but has tasted no difference among them. Therefore, I don't think it's worth waiting in line for the more famous one, unless you're going for the name brand.

No comments :

Post a Comment