Nav Menu

Taichung, Taiwan: Elephant Steak House

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Location: 大象牛排 (Elephant Steak)

The Elephant Steak House is a relatively new establishment in Taichung. With large, floor-to-ceiling windows supplemented by modern, red-accented decor, the space feels very open and accommodating. Plus, one isn't obligated to order a main dish at the restaurant – one can simply make a beeline straight for the buffet in the back. At the buffet, there are different stations ranging from fresh sushi to delicious squares of chiffon cake.

I decided to try one of the a la carte dishes on the menu, as well as select food from the buffet.

Elephant Steak House Taiwan

Ironically, although the place is named Elephant Steak, the steak in which they supposedly specialize isn't all that great (according to my mom and my aunt). Instead, I ordered chicken steak, which sat atop small bed of vegetables and underneath a blanket of tangy black pepper sauce. Paired with a fried egg, the entire meal came sizzling hot on a cast iron board.

The chicken steak was pretty good, but nothing I'd rave about or go back for a second time, especially when there are plenty of other places in Taiwan I'm itching to try. The buffet had a wide range of selection, which my family tells me rotates from time to time. At the time that I went, I enjoyed the fried rice (once I picked out the seafood).

For dessert I got myself a bowl of ice cream: coffee, taro, and chocolate chip. Can't go wrong with that one. Although while getting ice cream my sister did knock into a little boy and spill his juice all over his clothes...

Elephant Steak House Taiwan

No comments :

Post a Comment